Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's Superbowl time!

The Superbowl was just a few days ago and even though DJ and I's team, the Philadelphia Eagles didn't make it to the game we still watched it.  We had been invited to one of DJ's coworker's for the game and I brought one of my favorite game day recipe's.  It comes from the All The Best cookbook from The Pampered Chef.  The bread is 2 Pillsbury French bread dough packages put together and made in a circle.  I brushed it with some garlic infused oil, egg wash and then sprinkled with some Italian seasoning.  I used my bread knife and cut some slits in the top to add some texture.  Bake at 350 for 30 min.  Let cook completely then sliced through it to make 2 halves.


My secret weapon in making it so good is I get some submarine sandwich oil and brush it on both the top slice and bottom slice of my bread.  It has great flavor!  I then layered some ham, salami and some sharp cheddar cheese slices.  The some lettuce, tomato, red onion and an orange bell pepper.  Lastly, I salted the tomato's with some salt and pepper.  It looks pretty and can feed about 12 people,  and it is way cheaper to make than ordering from Subway!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH! I'm making this on Friday for my Mommie's group. Thanks, Alexis!

    ReplyDelete